Calibration Beams and Weights for the calibration of torque transducers
The high-precision calibration beams and weights for calibration of torque transducers to the highest accuracy are manufactured and calibrated by world-leading torque calibration specialist Norbar in their world-leading calibration laboratoryПечать Спросите о продукте
Norbar Test Beams are for the static calibration of torque transducers as well as mechanical test devices and they are designed to remove potential sources of measurement error. Torque is generated by the application of a known force at a known radius from the center of rotation of the torque transducer.
The beams are designed with square drives machined to the top limit of ISO 2725. This minimizes any play between the beam and the transducer. However, a combination of square drive tolerances, misalignment of fittings and elastic rotation of the transducer shaft inevitably cause the beam to rotate from the horizontal under load. Radius Ended Beams are designed with a +/-8 degree usable arc within which the calibration accuracy is unaffected.
Additionally the beams are designed to apply load on a vertical plane which cuts through the square drive inside the transducer. This minimizes bending moments on the transducer and, for safe operation, ensures that the beam will not fall out of the transducer
- The < 0.02% uncertainty of applied torque achievable with these beams allows calibration to the highest accuracy
- Machined to ±0.01% (100 microns per meter) from aircraft alloys
- Clockwise and counter-clockwise operation
- All have interchangeable square drive to increase flexibility of use
- Torque radius maintained throughout ±8 degrees of rotation from horizontal
- No bearings to cause energy loss during loading
- Balanced to maximize energy transfer to transducer during loading
- Beams are available for torque range of 0.5 – 5000Nm
The Discs and Weights are used to calibrate torque transducers and are designed to remove potential sources of measurement error
- The < 0.04% uncertainty of applied torque achievable with this disc allows calibration to the highest accuracy
- Brass weights with an accuracy better than ±0.01% are available in five sets to achieve a variety of calibration ranges. Special weight sets can be specified up to a maximum torque of 2.5Nm
A temperature controlled environment is essential for use of these beams. The selection of weights will be influenced by gravitational constant and air buoyancy values at the proposed laboratory site.